Spooky Black Spaghetti
Get ready for a delightful flavor and texture combination in our Spooky Spaghetti. The rich, briny squid ink sauce pairs perfectly with the savory notes of stuffed olives or the subtle allure of anchovies. To add a creamy contrast, we've added velvety mozzarella, creating a harmonious blend that's both flavorful and satisfying. Don't miss out on this terrific flavor combo that's perfect for the spooky season.
- 8 oz (about 225g) spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil by Oro Virgen
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Cuttlefish ink by Nortindal
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Green olives, stuffed with red pepper or anchovies by La Española (for a spooky twist)
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional, for serving)
- Grated cheese (optional, for serving). We recommend our Aged Cheese by La Reserva de Entrepinares
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the Spooky Sauce: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion, sautéing until they become translucent and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Create a Potion (White Wine - Optional): Pour in the white wine (if using) and let it simmer for a couple of minutes until it reduces slightly.
- Add the Witch's Brew (Squid Ink and Tomatoes):** Stir in the squid ink and crushed tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and the flavors meld. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Combine Pasta and Potion: Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet with the bewitching ink sauce. Toss everything together to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
- Assemble the Spell and Top: Transfer the sauced spaghetti to serving plates or a large platter. Scatter the mozzarella over the pasta and top it with the stuffed olives to create a bubbling cauldron effect
- Garnish with Enchanted Basil Leaves: Garnish with fresh basil leaves to invoke a sense of freshness and mystique.
- Cheese Magic Dust: If desired, you can sprinkle some grated cheese over the top to add an extra layer of flavor that'll cast a spell on your taste buds.