Burnt Basque Cheesecake
Named the Flavor of the Year in the 2021 food predictions by the New York Times, the Basque Burnt Cheesecake is a culinary sensation that has taken the world by storm.
- 500 grams cream cheese (Philadelphia type)
- 125 grams sugar
- 250ml cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 15 grams flour
- 15 grams Idiazábal cheese (recommended for a stronger flavor)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and salt on medium speed until smooth, creamy, and uniform.
- Reduce the speed and add the eggs one by one, incorporating them into the mixture.
- Gradually add the cream, flour, and very finely grated Idiazábal cheese (if using), passing them through a sieve. Beat the mixture for an additional minute.
- After preparing the mixture, gently pour it into the pan. To remove any lingering bubbles, carefully tap the pan on a kitchen towel a few times.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 26 cm diameter round, removable mold with baking paper. Rolling the paper into a ball first can make it easier to shape and cover the mold. Leave some paper sticking out to allow the cake to rise in the oven.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared mold.
- Bake the cheesecake at 220ºC for 35 minutes for an extra liquid and decadent result or 40 minutes if you prefer a more solid cake.
Enjoy this delightful Burnt Basque Cheesecake, a perfect blend of creamy goodness and rich flavor!
Shop the story