White thick asparagus with Hollandaise sauce
- 1 can/jar of El Navarrico thick white asparagus
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open the jar or can and drain the asparagus well. Leave them aside.
- For the hollandaise sauce, fill a medium saucepan with about 1 inch of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. In a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over the saucepan, whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together until well combined.
- Place the bowl over the saucepan (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water) and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and doubles in volume, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually pour the melted butter into the bowl while whisking vigorously until the sauce is thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, arrange the cooked asparagus on a serving platter and pour the hollandaise sauce over the top.
- Optional: Consider topping with edible flowers and decorating the plate with radishes for color and texture contrast. You could also try adding a bit of black alioli for a different kick in flavor.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious white asparagus with hollandaise sauce!
Shop the story