Sweet Potato and Spiced Chickpea Mini Pizzas
There are numerous ways to prepare a pizza, but have you ever considered using sweet potato slices as the base for your pizzas? It's undoubtedly a healthier and tastier twist to enjoy this classic dish. We've taken these mini pizzas to the next level by combining them with flavorful tomato sauce, gooey mozzarella, and spiced Luengo chickpeas, resulting in an absolutely delicious treat!
Preparing the spiced chickpeas is incredibly easy; within minutes, ready to eat Luengo chickpeas transform into crispy and aromatic bites. In this recipe, we've seasoned them with cumin and paprika, which perfectly complement the sweet flavor of the sweet potato serving as the pizza's base. And guess what? These spiced chickpeas are not only a fantastic pizza topping but also make for an irresistible snack on their own. So, indulge in this wholesome and flavorful pizza experience today!
For the Spiced Chickpeas:
- 1 jar of Luengo chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika Caballo de oros (sweet or spicy, whatever you prefer)
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil Abril
For the Mini Pizzas:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil Abri
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 150g tomato sauce
- 50g grated cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355 F) and line a tray with parchment paper for the spiced chickpeas.
- Wash the Luengo chickpeas in a strainer and thoroughly dry them with absorbent paper for extra crunchiness.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpeas with the spices and olive oil. Mix until they are well coated. Spread the chickpeas on the tray and bake at 200°C (390 F) for 40 minutes.
- For the mini pizzas, wash the sweet potato well and cut it into 7 or 8 mm thick slices. Place the slices in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season to taste.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 200°C (390 F)for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each slice with tomato sauce, grated cheese, and spiced chickpeas. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
Enjoy these delectable Sweet Potato and Spiced Chickpea Mini Pizzas, a delightful and nutritious treat.